We, Metropolitan Expressway Service Co., Ltd. is deeply aware that the protection of personal information is an extremely important social responsibility in today’s advanced information society, so we protect your personal information based on the following policy.
1. Compliance with laws and regulations
We will comply with laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information and other norms, and will do our utmost to protect personal information.
2. Handling restrictions
When handling personal information, we will specify the purpose of use as much as possible. In addition, we will take measures to prevent the handling of personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purpose.
3. Clarification of purpose of use
When we directly obtain the personal information recorded in writing (including recording by electronic method and magnetic method) from the customer himself / herself, the purpose of use will be clearly stated in advance, except as required by law.
4. Proper acquisition
When we acquire personal information, we will do so by legal and fair means.
5. Safety management measures
We will strictly manage the personal information we handle in order to protect it from leakage, loss, damage and other dangers. In addition, we will promptly delete or destroy personal information that no longer needs to be handled.
6. Obligations of officers and employees
Our officers and employees or those in their positions strictly refrain from informing others of the contents of personal information that they have learned about their business or using it for unreasonable purposes, based on this policy.
7. Appropriate selection and supervision of outsourcers
When providing personal information to an external contractor, we select a contractor who is recognized to handle personal information properly, and in the consignment contract, etc., secure management, confidentiality, and re-provision of personal information. We will establish necessary matters for prohibition, etc. and perform appropriate supervision.
8. Restrictions of use and provision
We will not use personal information for any purpose other than the purpose of use or provide it to a third party except for any cases which are stipulated Clause (2)② in “2. Handling of customer’s personal information“ below.
9. Disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. at the request of the customer
When a customer requests disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. of his / her personal information, we will respond within a reasonable period and range based on laws and regulations.
10. Organization / system maintenance
In order to implement this policy, we will establish an appropriate management responsibility system and continuously raise awareness among officers and employees through training and education.
2.Handling of customer’s personal information
(1) Acquisition of personal information and purpose of use
When acquiring and using personal information, we will comply with the Personal Information Protection Law, etc. and use personal information by appropriate means. The purposes of using the personal information we collect and the personal information we hold are as follows. However, when it becomes necessary for us to use personal information beyond the scope of the purpose of use notified in advance, we will ask for your consent again except that it is permitted to handle it as an exception by the Personal Information Protection Law etc..
①Purpose of use when personal information is obtained directly from the person in writing
In advance, we will clarify certain matters such as the purpose of use to the person in writing (including recording by electronic method and magnetic method) each time. However, this does not apply to the following cases.
- 1. When there is an urgent need to protect human life, body or property. Or when it is necessary and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- 2. When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the person or a third party
- 3. When there is a risk of harming our rights or legitimate interests
- 4. When it is necessary for us to cooperate with a national institution or a local public body in carrying out the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and there is a risk of hindering the performance of the necessary office work of such a national institution or a local public body by informing/disclosing the purpose of use or by obtaining the consent of the person.
- 5. When it is recognized that the purpose of use is clear from the status of acquisition
- 6. When required by law
- 7. When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
② The purpose of use when personal information is obtained directly from the person by a method other than writing or indirectly from a third party, etc. and the purpose of use of our “retained personal data” are as follows.
- 1. To provide products and services
- 2. For information on products, services, various events, campaigns, etc., and for providing various information
- 3. For analysis of customer trends or survey analysis of product development, etc.
- 4. For conducting questionnaires, sweepstakes, etc., guiding winners, sending prizes, etc.
- 5. To ensure safety
- 6. For contract conclusion, maintenance, notification based on contract, billing, etc.
- 7. For reception and response regarding opinions, requests, inquiries, and visits from customers, etc.
- 8. For sending and contacting various invitations, greetings of the times, etc.
- 9. To contact customers, etc.
- 10. For management analysis and other researches
- 11. For employment management, recruitment selection and provision of company information
- 12. Personal information entrusted with handling due to entrusted business
- 13. Other matters incidental to each of the above purposes
(2) Consignment of handling of personal information, provision / disclosure to third parties
① Outsourcing of handling
We may outsource all or part of our business and outsource the handling of personal information to the outsource to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use. In this case, we will select a person/company who meets the standards set by our company as a contractor, conclude a contract regarding the handling of personal information, and manage and supervise it appropriately so that safety management can be achieved.
② Provision and disclosure of personal information to third parties
In principle, we will not provide or disclose the acquired personal information to a third party without the consent of the individual. However, this does not apply to the following cases. In addition, when providing or disclosing to a third party with the consent of the person, we will take appropriate measures for the protection of personal information for the provider or disclosure destination.
- 1. When required by law
Address, name, phone number, date of birth, gender, product purchase history, email address, occupation, etc.
- 2. When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- 3. When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- 4. When it is necessary for us to cooperate with a national institution or a local public body in carrying out the affairs stipulated by laws, and there is a risk of hindering the performance of the necessary office work of such a national institution or a local public body by obtaining the consent of the person.
(3) Procedure for disclosure request, etc.
When the person or his / her agent requests “disclosure / correction / suspension of use / notification of purpose of use” regarding the “personal information subject to disclosure” held by us, please contact us. After confirming that you are the person or the agent, we will respond within a reasonable period of time.
(4) Contact for inquiries and complaints regarding personal information
If you have any complaints about our handling of personal information, please contact us at the following.
Metropolitan Expressway Service Co., Ltd. “Personal information inquiry desk”
(5) Matters concerning revision
3.Protection of your personal information on our website
In order to ensure the security when customers send personal information on this site, we protect your personal information with SSL (Secure Socket Layer: an industry standard security function that encrypts and communicates information on the Internet). By using SSL-compliant browser, you can automatically encrypt and send and receive your personal information. In order to manage this site, we collect the IP address used when your computer connects to the Internet. The IP address collected by our company on this site prevents unauthorized access, enables quick identification and recovery of the cause in the event of a failure on this site, and makes the services of this site appropriate and safe. It is used only for management and operation, and we will not use or disclose the IP address in association with your personal information. However, if we deem it necessary to protect this site or our customers, we may identify individuals by IP address and take measures.
About the scope of application
This site may have links to other sites, but please check the handling of personal information on the linked sites by yourself on the linked sites. The use of this site is on the responsibility of the customer. We are not liable for any damages caused by the use of various information obtained from this site and other sites linked to this site using your personal information.